Out of Sight is a drawn Virtual Reality that takes you to the world of 9-year old Lena and her father. While Lena is busy dissecting an owl pellet, her father is swallowed by his own memories. They are having a conversation, but at the same time, they haven't. Without knowing, they are both thinking about the same: the loss of Lisa, her sister and his daughter. As a viewer you find yourself in the head of the father or the daughter and you experience the two different perspectives.
Take a seat at their kitchen table, and let yourself be carried away in a dreamlike reality about forgetting and remembering. About life and death.
Out of Sight is a concept by director Sara Kolster in close collaboration with author Jaap Robben. Together with illustrator Gijs Kast and the developers from Zesbaans the VR was realised. The plan for Out of Sight arose following the VR Drawing Room which won the prestigious IDFA Doclab Award for Digital Storytelling.
- Directed bySara Kolster
- ScriptJaap Robben
- ArtworkGijs Kast
- Technical realisationZesbaans
- ProgrammingJuul Spee, Harm van de Ven
- Music and soundRoald van Oosten
- AnimationMax Italiaander, Harm van de Ven
- ModelingMitchel Tan, Max Italiaander, Péter Illés,
- Technical AssistantHarmen Smit
- VR AssistantNikki van Sprundel
- VoicesJoshua Rubin, Sophie Hertzberger, Chiara Kok, Ronald Armbrust
- CastingStemna, Moederannecasting
- TranslationMichele Hutchison, Birgit Erdmann
- Spatial designRogier Martens
- Special Thanks toSuzanne Meeuwissen, Paulien Dresscher, Joris van Ballegooijen, Siuli Ko, Riet Fiddelaers-Jaspers, Studio Parkers
For more information or bookings, please contact Sara Kolster